If you and your family are looking for a place to enjoy your Spring Break, South Mobile County is ready to tell you why you should choose Dauphin Island, AL.
- Dauphin Island inhabits seventeen miles of white dog-friendly beaches and beautiful water. There is beach access to either the Gulf of Mexico or Mobile Bay nearly everywhere on the Island. If you don’t believe us check it out here.
- Great food. Dauphin Island is home to a lot of locally owned restaurants who serve fresh seafood, great drinks and decadent desserts. Dority’s, Miguel’s Beach N’ Baja,and Pirate’s Bar & Grill are a few of our favorites.
- Dauphin Island is home to the Estuarium, an exciting educational public aquarium highlighting the four key habitats of coastal Alabama: the Mobile Tensaw River Delta, Mobile Bay, the Barrier Islands and the Northern Gulf of Mexico.
- You can tour Historic Fort Gaines which is rich in history for its role in the Battle of Mobile Bay.
- Dauphin island is the most relaxing place to be with only about 1,000 full time residents you are sure to get the R/R you are looking for.
These are only some of the reasons to make a trip down to Dauphin Island during your spring break. The islan d has a lot more to offer from bike trails to paddle board and kayak rentals by the end of your trip you will be booking your next trip to come see us.